Posted on 11. Sep, 2014 in News
Under Denis Napthine, Victoria is going backwards and unemployment is getting worse. Our state is in a jobs crisis.
Australian Bureau of Statistics figures reveal that the unemployment rate is now 6.8 per cent, 1.9 points higher than when the Liberals took office in December 2010.
It is the eleventh month in a row that unemployment in Victoria has been above 6 per cent, the highest on the mainland, 0.7 per cent above the national unemployment rate.
Under the Napthine Government, more than 67,600 people have lost their job.
Quotes attributable to Mr Pallas:
“We’re losing jobs every day and Denis Napthine still doesn’t have a jobs plan.”
“Denis Napthine cut TAFE, cut skills and made it harder for young people to find work”
“Only Labor has a plan for jobs and growth.”
• Denis Napthine cut $1.2 billion from TAFE, forcing the closure of many campuses and reducing retraining opportunities for the unemployed.
• When the Coalition took office, the unemployment rate was 4.9 per cent
• Victoria’s unemployment rate has been higher than the national rate every month since June 2013.
• Victorian Labor Government would reinvigorate the successful Regional Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF), targeting priority infrastructure projects, building better connections and creating more job opportunities.
• Establish Infrastructure Victoria to plan the State’s infrastructure priorities as well as establish Projects Victoria to deliver critical major projects.
• Ensure the Victorian Government’s procurement processes support local jobs and businesses.