Posted on 08. May, 2014 in News
Denis Napthine’s Budget is packed with empty promises and it will do nothing to fix the crisis in hospitals and schools across our state.
The Budget makes more cuts to TAFE and targets seniors and kinder-age children. Regional Victoria misses out on its fair share of funding.
The so-called transport plan in the Budget appears to have been made up on the spot. Major rail corridors are cut off from the busiest CBD stations.
This is the highest taxing Government in Victoria’s history – taxing more, charging more, cutting more and keeping more.
Quotes attributable to Mr Pallas:
“This Budget spends twice as much on prison beds than hospital beds.”
“Our most important transport project was abandoned for a scheme that will paralyse our train system for decades.”
“Under Denis Napthine and the Liberals, you’re on your own.”
“The Victorian people now have a question to ask. Can they trust such a dysfunctional Government to make the right decisions for them?”
• The Napthine Government’s broken public transport promises include Doncaster Rail, Rowville Rail, Avalon Rail, Southland Station, the upgrade of level crossings, the return of passenger trains between Geelong, Ballarat and Bendigo and the redevelopment of Flinders Street Station.
• Denis Napthine has cut $831 million from hospitals and caused a crisis in our health system.
• The elective surgery waiting list has grown by 10,000 under this Government – it’s now the worst it’s ever been.
• The Napthine Government cut $1.2 billion from TAFE and abandoned Labor’s plan to renovate, rebuild or modernise every Victorian government school.
• The crime rate has increased every year the Napthine Government has been in office.