Posted on 07. May, 2014 in News
Denis Napthine isn’t supporting Victoria’s emergency services and community safety is at risk.
Denis Napthine’s Budget confirms that savage staff and funding cuts to our emergency services will continue.
Over 450 fire trucks that are more than 20-years-old and no longer safe for firefighters will not be replaced.
Crime will continue to increase as more police are taken off the streets.
Quotes attributable to Wade Noonan:
“If you don’t support our emergency services, you can’t make our communities safer.”
“Police aren’t getting the support they need from Denis Napthine.”
“If your community isn’t safe, then under Denis Napthine and the Liberals, you’re on your own.”
• Denis Napthine has cut the number of permanent CFA staff with 47 support staff cut and an additional 90 support staff to go in 2014/15.
• One in four CFA trucks is more than 20 years old. The oldest is more than 28 years old – eight years over the industry maximum of 15-20 years. The CFA operates 2000 fire trucks across Victoria.
• Denis Napthine gutted Victoria’s fire services, cutting $66 million in funding in last year’s budget.
• Denis Napthine cut the Victoria Police budget by $100 million and axed 500 staff.
• The crime rate has increased every year the Napthine Government has been in office.
• Victoria Police raw figures show crime in Victoria has increased 3.1 per cent, drug offences are up 14.4 per cent, assault including family violence increased 3.3 per cent, crime against the person increased 2.5 per cent and other crime increased 17.6 per cent.